Sunday, October 30, 2011

Drama - Princess Hours

Alternate Names: Goong / Imperial Household / Palace
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 24
Network: MBC
Broadcasted: 2006-Jan-11 to 2006-Mar-30
Lead Actors: Yoon Eun Hye, Joo Ji Hoon, Kim Jung Hoon, Song Ji Hyo

My Rating: ♥♥♥.5/5













Happy Halloween everyone! I just wanted to say that since tomorrow I will not be posting. I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween...things always seem to go very well or very bad around this time of year and I am just sick of it. I just want good things from now on! Everyone be safe and enjoy all the yum yums!

This week's Korean drama is Goong! Yay! It's an older drama based off the manhwa (Korean comic) Goong by Park So Hee. I think I actually starting reading that manhwa a long time ago, but could not get through it (the drawing style wasn't really to my liking). Anyways the manhwa is a long read but the drama is very good and true to the original story. I always tend to watch things that the actress Yoon Eun Hye has been in (Coffee Prince, Little Black Dress). It can get a little slow and frustrating in some parts but it makes up for it in the ending.

It has the classic female protagonist falls in love with mean guy with a couple different love triangles and scandals thrown in... And it deals heavily on the themes of tradition and responsibility of royalty to the people. I really do not envy royalty, it's got to be hard. I'm rooting for you Kate Middleton! Like I said earlier, it can get really slow in the middle but just barrel through and the ending will make it all worth it. Also, they've adapted this to be a musical. Korea's first original musical that debuted in 2010.

Basic Synopsis: This takes place in a fictional world where Korea has an established constitutional monarchy. The old king has died and has arranged the crown prince, Joo Ji Hoon, to marry a commoner. That commoner turns out to be Shin Chae Kyung, who initially marries to save her family from loan sharks. Shin Chae Kyung deals with the social, political, and traditional trials of being Korean. Both the crown prince and princess start to fall in love despite their past loves and regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment