Sunday, November 6, 2011

Drama - Heartstrings

Alternate Names: You've Fallen for Me / Festival
Genre: Romance, Music
Episodes: 15
Network: MBC
Broadcasted: 2011-Jun-29 to 2011-Aug-18
Lead Actors: Jung Yong Hwa, Park Shin Hye, So Yi Hyun, Song Chan Ui

My Rating: ♥♥♥/5













It's Sunday and that means we're already back to the drama of the week! This weeks edition features MBC's Heartstrings. This drama aired August 2011 and had a fairly popular rating. For me one of the biggest draws was that two characters were played by members of CNBlue!!! Yay! Love love love CNBlue and Yonghwa (Male Lead) and Minyuk (Supporting) are my favorites!

Even with the CNBlue members I still gave this drama a 3/5 because I found something to be a little lacking. I don't know what it is with Korean dramas but there is always this excessive amount of suffering; for the characters and viewers! Why must everyone suffer so much before it gets better?! Agh! The chemistry between the lead characters, Younghwa and Park Shin Hye, was really awkward to me. I know in real life they are like, best friends, so it must've been weird to have kissing scenes with your friend. In general, I think Korean drama kisses are strange and uncomfortable. The girl is always has her eyes open and their lips never move...weird...

I liked how they integrated Yonghwa's singing/playing talents and Park Shin Hye's singing and dancing into the drama. I also found the style of wardrobe to be very unique and cool.

Basic Synopsis: On a university campus, two very opposite people manage to run into each other. One, Lee Shin is passionately studying modern music and playing as the lead guitarist in his band "The Stupid" while Lee Kyu Won diligently practices traditional music on her gayageum. Lee Shin is cold and distant while Kyu Won is energetic and outgoing, yet somehow they seem to be smitten with each other as they work through the complications of the university's anniversary musical.

No comments:

Post a Comment