Monday, November 21, 2011

Drama - Mary Stayed Out All Night

Alternate Names: Marry Me, Mary!
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 16
Network: KBS2
Broadcasted: 2010-Nov-08 to 2010-Dec-28
Lead Actors: Moon Geun Young, Jang Geun Suk, Kim Jae Wook, Kim Kyo Jin

My Rating: ♥♥♥/5















KIM JAE WOOK! KIM JAE WOOK! SARANGHAE!!!

*COUGH**COUGH*

First things, first. Sorry for not posting this on Drama Sunday, today I actually have the urge to write and research a bit. So so sorry! (I actually said that with a stereotypical Asian accent). Last week I was talking about Coffee Prince and how I love the Korean/Japanese actor Kim Jae Wook. Yay! In Mary Stayed out all Night, he actually gets a leading role! Yay! Yay! Yay! As one of the leading lady's love interest. Playing his rival, is the famous Jang Geun Suk (He's Beautiful etc.) who, although I find to be a good actor and musician, has a very weird smile that I don't feel is at all attractive. Jang Geun Suk is always playing the role of a singer/musician in dramas...I really want to see him break out of the mold and into something else. I have yet to see him in his latest movie, You're my Pet...I think it will be funny.

Once again, nice guys never get the girl. T^T Only the moody, meanie heads with jealously issues. And like any other Korean drama there are so many twists and complications that it's hard to explain to anyone who isn't a fanatic about Korean dramas. I am impressed with the lead character, Mae Ri. She's unusual in the fact that she doesn't follow the stereotypical jealous/clueless girl. She's actually intelligent, speaks her mind, and is understanding of all the people she interacts with. I can't say the same with all the other characters, but it is none-the-less interesting.

Basic Synopsis: Wi Mae Ri is the daughter of a father who has to constantly run around to escape from his debtors. When he runs into an old friend who promises to erase his debts only if Mae Ri marries his son, Jung In. To escape her fate, Mae Ri pretends to marry indie singer, Moo Kyul, who she first met by hitting with her car. Chaos ensues and Mae Ri is forced to split her time between the two men for a hundred days and choose who she wants to marry.

No comments:

Post a Comment