Sunday, March 11, 2012

Drama - Scent of a Woman

Genre: Romance
Episodes: 16
Network: SBS
Broadcasted: July 23 - September 11, 2011
Lead Actors: Kim Sun Ah, Lee Dong Wook, Uhm Ki Joon, Seo Hyo Rim

My Rating: ♥♥♥/5













I've been off my posting cycle for a while. So I apologize to the three people who possibly read these posts about Korean dramas (ᄏᄏᄏᄏ). I've been busy and occupied with life so I'm going to be trying to get back on track, as well as adding a new feature. ^-^

The title Scent of a Woman doesn't really seem to fit the story of this drama. I feel like it should've been something along the lines of...My Happy Life or something ridiculous like that. The title is a bit misleading, it might lead some people to think of it as something else entirely. The story starts out very humorously, a woman falls into a giant bowl of food in front of her boss (embarrassing!)! But then it starts to get more and more depressing and serious. In the beginning, I didn't care much of the actor Lee Dong Wook's looks, but by the end of it, I think he has a charm all his own. Kim Sun Ah (My Lovely Sam Soon) is a wonderful actress but her lips have always bothered me...I sound so superficial but I just end up looking at her face. I wish she was portrayed as beautiful as she is on the promotional poster. There are moments in this drama that you just say to yourself, "Argggh! I wish that would happen to me!"

Basic Synopsis:Lee Yeon Jae is a hardworking clerk at a travel agency who doesn't don't seem to value her contribution. She's taken advantage of, overworked and hasn't had the chance to enjoy much of life. It's when she is diagnosed with cancer and told she only has 6 months to live, that she gets the courage to quit her job and start doing the things she always wanted to do. This is how she meets Kang Ji Wook, the son of her company's boss. They fall in love with each other despite her deadly diagnosis but have to deal with the consequences around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment