Friday, April 13, 2012

A.W.W. [ AEGYO ]

pronounced: ag-yeoh

Defined by Urban Dictionary.Com:

1. A korean word that derives from the Chinese characters "love (ae)" and "beautiful (gyo)". 2. generally attributed to women who can charm men and elders through a careful balance of sweetness, cuteness, poutiness, modesty, thoughtfulness, and submissiveness.


Examples:

Eeek! I fall prey to Minho's aegyo!

Her aegyo gives me goosebumps.





HUGE thing in Korea. Honestly, it can get over the top very quick. I really hope there are not guys out there who really really enjoy this kind of "adorableness." Actually, I've tried some of this, not to the extremes...I've gotten varied results. The best way to explain aegyo is to show you an example of it. There are a lot of female and male examples of aegyo, SNSD's Sunny is notorious for aegyo that gives you goosebumps or aegyo that makes you want to hit her over the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment