Wednesday, September 5, 2012

K-Pop Obsession: G-Dragon's One of a Kind & That XX

I really wanted to feature G-Dragon when he released his music video for "One of a Kind" but I was busy and lost track of time. Before I knew it, he had released his first single and music video for "That XX"!!! Ahhh! So this week's feature is going to be the two release singles off his new comeback album One of a Kind.

What I need to say is, these singles are very G-Dragon yet very different from one another. In one single, he's very quarky, odd and off beat with fast beats and rap. Then in the next, he's smooth, dramatic and melodic. Both I loved, but I have to say I probably like "One of a Kind" just a little bit better-he's just so charismatic and the beat so infectious I can't help it! The single, "That XX" is rated 19+ in Korea because of the used of the Korean word "bastard" so that's why it's annoyingly bleeped in the music video.

Watch "One of Kind" for fast rapping, stern but sexy dancers hip thrusting in pilot outfits, an earworm autotuned "Helloooooooooooh", and G-Dragon's ugly yellow corn rows (yup that's G-Dragon's kinda style this time).


Watch "That XX" for good/evil G-Dragon, beautiful imagery, and a cameo by a member of new rookie girl group mentored by G-Dragon himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment